Terms & Privacy
1. Key Terms
REGO provides an online venue for language learning where members, both the Students and Teachers (term defined below), can collaborate with each other and take advantage of the services (collectively, the “Services”). These Services are accessible at our website “https://www.rego.io” and any other websites where REGO makes the Services available (collectively, the “Site”), and applications for mobile, tablet, and other smart devices and application program interfaces (collectively, the “Application”).
If you are using the Site, Application or Services, these Terms of Services are between You and REGO (REGO is hereinafter referred to as “REGO”, “AKN”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). REGO (AKN) will handle any and all payments and payouts conducted through or in connection with the Site, Application or Services (“Payment Services”). Payment Services provided by REGO (AKN) are subjected to the Payments Terms of Service (“Payment Terms”).
“Content” means all Content that REGO makes available through the Site, Application, Services, or its related promotional campaigns and official social media channels, including any Content licensed from a third party, but excluding Member Content.
“Member Account” means the REGO Account you open when you register to become a Member and use the Services.
“Member” means a person or legal entity that registers for an Account.
“Member Content” means all Content that a Member posts, uploads, publishes, submits, transmits, or includes in their Member profile or REGO promotional campaign to be made available through the Site, Application or Services.
“Services” means any of the Connection or Payment Services that are delivered by REGO.
“Student” means a Member that purchases Teaching Services.
“Teaching Services” means all Services delivered by Teachers and Mentors. These include paid lessons, packages and other services rendered where REGO Credits are exchanged.
“User” means (1) a person who is a Member, using the Site or Application on his or her own behalf, or (2) a person who is using the Site or Application on behalf of a Member that is a company or organization.
“Visitor” means a person who is only visiting the Site or Application, not a Member or User.
“You” means a Visitor or Member accessing the Site or Application or using the Services on his or her own behalf; or. if the Services are used on behalf of a company or organization “you” means the Member for which the Services are used and the User who accesses the Site or Application on behalf of such Member (and such User represents that he or she has the authority to do so on the Member’s behalf)
2. Terms of Services
By using the Site, Application or Services, you agree to comply with and be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service (“Terms)”, whether or not you become a registered user of the Services. These Terms govern your access to and use of the Site, Application and Services and all Content (defined below) and your participation in the Referral Program, and constitute a binding legal agreement between you and REGO. In addition, certain areas of the Site and Application (and your access to or use of certain aspects of the Services or Content) may have different terms and conditions, standards, guidelines, or policies posted or may require you to agree with and accept additional terms and conditions. If there is a conflict between these Terms and terms and conditions posted for a specific area of the Site, Application, Services, or Content, the latter terms and conditions will take precedence with respect to your use of or access to that area of the Site, Application, Services, or Content.
If you do not agree to these Terms, you have no right to obtain information from or otherwise continue using the Site, Application or Services. Failure to use the Site, Application or Services in accordance with these Terms may subject you to civil and criminal penalties.
THE SITE, APPLICATION AND SERVICES COMPRISE AN ONLINE VENUE FOR LANGUAGE LEARNING WHERE MEMBERS, BOTH STUDENTS AND TEACHERS AND MENTORS HOSTS MAY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF CONNECTION SERVICES AND PAYMENT SERVICES DIRECTLY WITH EACH OTHER. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT REGO IS NOT A PARTY TO ANY AGREEMENTS ENTERED INTO BETWEEN STUDENTS AND TEACHERS AND MENTORS OR BETWEEN MEMBERS, NOR IS REGO A LANGUAGE SERVICES BROKER OR AGENT. REGO HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE CONDUCT OF STUDENTS, TEACHERS, MENTORS, MEMBERS AND OTHER USERS OF THE SITE, APPLICATION AND SERVICES OR ANY SERVICE RENDERED BETWEEN THEM AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY IN THIS REGARD TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO TEACH ON REGO, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH REGO IS LIMITED TO BEING A MEMBER AND AN INDEPENDENT, THIRD PARTY CONTRACTOR, AND NOT AN EMPLOYEE, AGENT, JOINT VENTURER OR PARTNER OF REGO FOR ANY REASON, AND YOU ACT EXCLUSIVELY ON YOUR OWN BEHALF AND FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT, AND NOT ON BEHALF OF OR FOR THE BENEFIT OF REGO. REGO DOES NOT CONTROL, AND HAS NO RIGHT TO CONTROL, YOUR LISTING, YOUR ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR PROFILE OR LISTED SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER MATTERS RELATED TO ANY SERVICES THAT YOU PROVIDE. AS A MEMBER YOU AGREE NOT TO DO ANYTHING TO CREATE A FALSE IMPRESSION THAT YOU ARE ENDORSED BY, PARTNERING WITH, OR ACTING ON BEHALF OF OR THE THE BENEFIT OF REGO, INCLUDING BY INAPPROPRIATELY USING ANY REGO INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE, APPLICATION OR SERVICES OR BY DOWNLOADING OR POSTING ANY CONTENT FROM OR ON THE SITE, VIA THE APPLICATION OR THROUGH THE SERVICES, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, AND THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND RECEIVE OUR SERVICES WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE REGISTERED WITH THE SITE AND APPLICATION. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, THEN YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO ACCESS OR SE THE SITE APPLICATION, SERVICES, OR CONTENT.
If you accept or agree to these Terms on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to these Terms and, in such event, “you” and “your” will refer and apply to that company or other legal entity.
REGO reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify the Site, Application or Service or to modify these Terms, including the Service Fees, at any time and without prior notice. If we modify these Terms, we will either post the modification on the Site or the Application or otherwise provide you with the notice of the modification. We will also update the “Last Updated” date at the top of these Terms. By continuing to access or use the Site, Application or Services after we have posted a modification on the Site or via the Application or have provided you with notice of a modification, you are indicating that you agree to be bound by the modified Terms. If the modified Terms are not acceptable to you, your only recourse is to cease using the Site, Application and Services.
The Site, Application and Services are for persons all ages. However, any access to or use of the Site, Application or Services by anyone under 18 is recommended to have a guardian/parent. By accessing or using the Site, Application or Services you represent you understand and agree to all the Terms and Conditions.
For users in the United States, REGO may, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and if we have sufficient information to identify a user, obtain reports from public records of criminal convictions or sex offender registrations of the users. For users outside the United States, we may, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and if we have sufficient information to identify a user, obtain the local version of background or registered sex offender checks in our sole discretion. You agree and authorize us to use your personal information, such as your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports, including from REGO vendors.
5. How the Site, Application and Services Work
The Site, Application and Services can be used to provide an an online venue where Members, Students and Teachers, can collaborate with each other and take advantage of Connection Services and Payment Services for language learning.
• Connection Services ( The Site or Application is venue where):
1) Members may upload information related to language learning
2) Members conduct searches, connect with, choose, and engage each other for the purposes of language learning
3) Students conduct searches, connect with, choose, and engage Teachers and Mentors directly for language instruction.
4) Teachers advertise their capabilities, respond to inquires, connect with and engage to provide their Services directly to students.
In providing the Connection Services, REGO only provides the venue for Students and Teachers to find and contract with each other.
6. Payment Services.
• The Site or Application is a platform for Students seeking online language lessons or other language learning services to connect with Teachers and Mentors seeking to provide online language lessons and other language learning services.
• Payment Services also provide to Students and Teachers and Mentors certain collaboration, feedback, credit purchase and payments tools, dispute resolution process and dispute assistance, and other Services (collectively, “Payment Services”). Payment Services does not mean Connection Services.
Teacher and Mentor Services.
• If you are accepted to be a Teacher or Mentor, you agree to REGO’s Teacher and Mentor’s Terms of Services.
• Unless explicitly specified otherwise in the REGO platform, REGO responsibilities are limited of facilitating the availability of the Site, Application and Services.
7. General Member Terms
Our Services are available only to legal entities and individuals in business who can form legally binding contracts. To register for an Account with REGO and become a Member, you must accept all of the terms and conditions in, and linked to, the Terms of Service. REGO reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse, suspend, or terminate service to anyone.
It is the sole responsibility of each registered Member that all personal details, including contact email addresses are up to date and accurate at all times. By accepting these terms and conditions all Members hereby release REGO from any claims, demands and damages ( actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, which arise due to inaccurate personal information being held on the site or application. All Members are solely responsible for the content and accuracy of any information published by them on REGO.
REGO reserve the right to suspend or terminate the membership of any registered Member for any reason. No refunds, payments or compensation of any kind will be paid to Members whose registration has been terminated due to breach of these terms and conditions.
This policy sections covers how REGO treats personal information that it collects and receives on the (website), sites, and applications related to REGO. This notice tells you what information we may collect, steps we take to protect and secure it, how we use and share information, and finally, how you can contact us with questions or concerns.
Information We Collect
• REGO collects personal information when you register with us, use REGO products or services, or post content on a REGO sites.
• REGO may also collect personal information when you enter into promotions or sweepstakes we may have.
• REGO may also collect information about your transactions with us. This information might include necessary information to process your due payments to us or teachers and mentors.
• REGO may automatically receive and record information on our sever logs of your usage.
• REGO uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
Information Use, Sharing and Disclosure
• REGO does not share personal information we learn about you from your use of the REGO web sites, products and services with others except as described in this policy.
• When you provide personal information through using REGO you are however sharing your personal information with REGO and its affiliated entities. The use of your personal information by these organizations is subject to this policy.
• We do not share your information with unrelated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. However, REGO may display targeted advertisements based on personally non-identifiable information (such as browser type and IP address) and/or personal selection.
• From time to time, REGO may sponsor a promotion, sweepstakes or contest on the Curv website. You may be asked to provide personal information including name, email address or home address or to answer questions in order to participate. REGO may transfer personal information to certain advertising partners that you have explicitly requested to receive information from. It will be clear the the point of collection who is collecting the personal information and whose privacy statement will apply.
• When you are contacted with an offer or service based on information you have shared with REGO, we will do our best to provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of receiving such reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to those products and services, such as service announcements, and administrative messages, that are considered part of your REGO account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
• When you register for REGO, REGO collects user-submitted account information such as name, email address and age to identify users and send notifications related to the use of the service. REGO also collects user-submitted profile information, including additional contact information, location, biographical information and photos. This additional profile information will assist other users in finding and communicating with you.
• REGO will display your “Display Name” on your profile. REGO will display your name and any other user-submitted profile information on your profile according to the preferences you set in your account.
• Email addresses and full names may be used when a user invites a friend via email or Facebook name to join REGO and when REGO sends notifications to a user related to their use of REGO.
• When you post a message on a REGO Site or Application, you have the ability to post a message which may include personally identifiable information about yourself.
• If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
• REGO may share personally identifiable information about you under the following circumstances:
- In the course of operating our business it may be necessary or appropriate for us to provide access to your personal information to others such as our service providers, contractors and select vendors so that we can operate REGO and our business.
- We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or, defend against legal claims and if in our judgement in such circumstances disclosure is required or appropriate.
REGO may revise, modify or update this policy. We may notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information b sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your particular REGO account or by placing a prominent notice on our site. You are encouraged to check this policy frequently for any changes as your continued use of the REGO service indicates your consent to such changes.
Confidentiality and Security
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we take reasonable measures to secure it on our systems.
If REGO learns of a security breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using REGO or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of those sites, products, and services. We may post a notice on our applicable web sites if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the applicable websites. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances.
Changing your Preference and Personal Information
You can edit your account information with REGO at any time. Most personal information you may provide is entirely optional. For example, to the extent that parents are considering whether to permit their children to use REGO, we do not condition a child’s participation based upon their provision of any more personal information than is necessary to operate those sites, products and services.
You can delete your applicable account by visiting the applicable account deletion page; however, please note that some personal information, primarily your contact information, may remain in our records to the extent necessary to protect our legal interests or document compliance with regulatory requirements.
9. Contacting Customer Service
If you wish to report a violation of Site, Application or Service Policies, have any questions or need assistance, please contact REGO Customer Service as follows:
Date: 1st April 2017